Business Continuity Management System
ISO 22301 (BCMS) enables the organization to prepare for, provide and maintain controls and capabilities for managing an organization’s overall ability to continue to operate during disruptions. Implementing this, the organization achieves:
- From a business perspective:
- supporting its strategic objectives.
- creating a competitive advantage.
- protecting and enhancing its reputation and credibility.
- contributing to organizational resilience.
- From a financial perspective:
- reducing legal and financial exposure.
- reducing direct and indirect costs of disruptions.
- From the perspective of interested parties:
- protecting life, property and the environment
- considering the expectations of interested parties
- providing confidence in the organization’s ability to succeed
- From an internal process's perspective:
- improving its capability to remain effective during disruptions
- demonstrating proactive control of risks effectively and efficiently
- addressing operational vulnerabilities.