Environment Management System
ISO 14001 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability. This helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and all the interested parties.
The main elements of ISO 14001 are:
- Eliminate waste and emissions
- Maximize the efficient use of resources and productivity
- Minimize activities that might impair the enjoyment of resources by future generations.
Consistent with the organization's environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations, and Achievement of environmental objectives